Many downed trees on Vista Ridge Trail

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
sprengers4jc

Many downed trees on Vista Ridge Trail

Post by sprengers4jc » June 12th, 2016, 5:36 pm

We hiked the Vista Ridge Trail and there were between 30-50 downed logs of size on the trail, starting just after the signboard. The worst mess is just beyond the wilderness boundary, at 45°25'47.33"N 121°43'1.0"W. Here is a picture.
Attachments
trail.jpg
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown

Webfoot

Re: Many downed trees on Vista Ridge Trail

Post by Webfoot » June 13th, 2016, 12:12 am

It seems we passed each other on the trail. I hope I was polite. :)

sprengers4jc

Post by sprengers4jc » June 13th, 2016, 11:41 am

Hello, Webfoot :). We only saw four people Saturday evening, one of which was my friend Bridget and her husband. Were you part of the couple with the two dogs? :) I started out hiking with two guys but they did their own thing so I was alone for awhile at one point, too.

Here I am at my turnaround point. Weren't the Lillies fab?
Attachments
me.jpg
-Unknown

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » June 13th, 2016, 10:55 pm

Sorry, I was tired from hiking and confused myself. I saw your track log at gpsfly and read the posted date as the track date. If I had been paying attention I would have realized that you started this thread while I was on the trail Sunday evening. It was beautiful then too. :)

sprengers4jc

Post by sprengers4jc » June 14th, 2016, 8:06 pm

Webfoot wrote:Sorry, I was tired from hiking and confused myself. I saw your track log at gpsfly and read the posted date as the track date. If I had been paying attention I would have realized that you started this thread while I was on the trail Sunday evening. It was beautiful then too. :)
Ah, gotcha! Sunday;s weather did look beautiful up there. Much sunnier than Saturday evening. And now that you know what we look like, too. We are usually wearing fluorescent colors, so we are visible a mile away. Say hi if you do see us out on the trail! :D
-Unknown