Pinnacle ridge trail report

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
BCphoto

Pinnacle ridge trail report

Post by BCphoto » May 22nd, 2016, 2:47 pm

Hello all. This is my first report here. I went up to Pinnacle ridge trail head (on 5/20/16) to see how far along spring is and wanted to let people know that the trail is in awful shape. A huge number of the dead trees from the fire have fallen this winter and it is very difficult to follow the trail. I know my way pretty well on the trail and it was still difficult to tell where the trail went as it is buried by a piles of trees. I only went up about 1/2 mile or so because it was so difficult and some parts were okay but most of it was pretty bad. I actually ended up hiking out on the fire road that parallels the trail and that was much more pleasant. I am not sure if we should inform the ranger station or if they know about it but it is going to take a ton of work to get it user friendly.

bushwhacker

Re: Pinnacle ridge trail report

Post by bushwhacker » May 22nd, 2016, 4:02 pm

I would suspect that all those trails that were part of the fire are in this shape. I did Elk Cove last year at the beginning of November and there were trees down from the beginning to the end (you were just smarter then me and turned around after a half mile). I am guessing Visa Ridge has a bunch down too.

The FS will probably get to these but might wait until more snow melts off.

Maybe one of the moderators can move this thread over to the Trail RX section. I think the FS checks that from time to time.