Trail missing under debris just past Owl Point :(

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
sprengers4jc

Trail missing under debris just past Owl Point :(

Post by sprengers4jc » June 7th, 2015, 7:50 am

We hiked Old Vista Ridge to The Rockpile, Red Hill and Owl Point yesterday. We tried to get to Alki Point but just past the turnoff for Owl Point, we lost the trail under a ton of blowdown. GPS showed we were standing right on top of it but I wandered off trail a little ways in a circle to try to find the trail and couldn't :(. Here is a really crappy cell phone pic of the blowdown directly where the trail is supposed to be. I tried to get there direct from Owl Point, too, hoping that I could bypass the massive blowdown area but couldn't see the trail at all. Maybe I missed an obvious bypass? At any rate, the rest of the trail was clear except for six or so downed trees that were easy to go over or around.
1.jpg
Here is my gps track so you can see where we turned around. http://gpsfly.org/g/4385
'We travel not to escape life but for life to not escape us.'
-Unknown

Splintercat

Re: Trail missing under debris just past Owl Point :(

Post by Splintercat » June 11th, 2015, 12:47 pm

Thanks for the heads-up! That blowdown was cleared this week -- just a couple logs to easily step over, now (to Alki Point).

Tom :-)