Bonanza Trail - Near Welches

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
greenjello85

Bonanza Trail - Near Welches

Post by greenjello85 » May 26th, 2015, 7:59 am

The bonanza trail only has one 6" tree down but it is in desperate need of a brushing for the first mile. Salmon berry is taking over the trail. If anyone heads up there, bring a machete :)
Dan

Chazz

Re: Bonanza Trail - Near Welches

Post by Chazz » May 26th, 2015, 9:02 am

Seems like a bunch of trails around Welches are in need of some care. Strange that they are so close to decent roads but are not getting a visit from a trail crew.

derwoodynck

Post by derwoodynck » May 26th, 2015, 6:22 pm

We went up on Sunday and I said the same thing about a machete :lol:. The Forest Service shows they last maintained the trail in 2013.

greenjello85

Post by greenjello85 » May 26th, 2015, 10:21 pm

Chazz wrote:Seems like a bunch of trails around Welches are in need of some care. Strange that they are so close to decent roads but are not getting a visit from a trail crew.
A lot of the downed trees are from one particular large wind storm over the winter. Anything with a direct exposure just got hammered. I went up boulder ridge from wildwood TH shortly after that storm and there was probably 100 medium-large trees across the trail within 2 miles and that is a well maintained trail. Interestingly, once I got on top of huckleberry ridge the trail was in great shape :) The lack of brushing/use is definately suprising for such accessible trails though.
derwoodynck wrote:We went up on Sunday and I said the same thing about a machete :lol:. The Forest Service shows they last maintained the trail in 2013.
Atleast it's all thin brush so it probably won't take that long. I'll bring mine along next time :)