Tree down lengthwise on the Oneonta Trail

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
northridge

Tree down lengthwise on the Oneonta Trail

Post by northridge » May 5th, 2015, 6:59 pm

There is a decent size tree down on the Oneonta Trail past the 446 junction but before you get to the Bell Creek Trail.

Interestingly, it fell lengthwise right along the path of the trail itself and presents quite a lengthy obstacle. Walking carefully along on top of the downed tree takes you right to the continuation of the trail, or you can work you way along side of it stepping over all the brush and branches.

Last edited by northridge on July 30th, 2017, 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

miah66

Re: Tree down lengthwise on the Oneonta Trail

Post by miah66 » May 6th, 2015, 11:49 am

I look forward to seeing it with a nice "path" right down the middle as it becomes part of the trail. We all know it'll never get moved! :lol:
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

Lurch

Post by Lurch » May 6th, 2015, 1:15 pm

miah66 wrote:I look forward to seeing it with a nice "path" right down the middle as it becomes part of the trail. We all know it'll never get moved! :lol:
Should be a piece of cake! Just need to pack in a utility axe, broad axe, and an adz..

arlohike

Post by arlohike » May 20th, 2015, 7:45 am

Yep, I encountered this last weekend and came here to report it, but you already did. I was amazed how well it lined up with the trail.

I had no problem walking along the top, but as I was doing so, I imagined how much harder it would be if the same log were suspended over a rushing river. :lol:
TrailCheck (iOS / Android)
Elevation Tracker (iOS / Apple Watch)