Mud.

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
airoff

Mud.

Post by airoff » January 3rd, 2015, 10:12 pm

There's a bunch of mud on the Angel's Rest trail if someone could just clean that up.

:)

forestkeeper

Re: Mud.

Post by forestkeeper » January 4th, 2015, 3:21 am

Could you be a little more informative on the location please? Angel's Rest is two miles long or longer depending if you hike past the viewpoint. Also this trail is an unpaved dirt trail. Mud is a norm for this type of year, excusably more during the days of heavy downpours. Was there a slide across the trail or are you just dissatisfied with getting your boots dirty?

Thanks

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » January 4th, 2015, 8:36 am

Bosterson and I were buffooning around in that area as well, so much mud that we suggested the trail
should be closed to allow for some trail healing. Must have passed 70 flip flopping sea lions heading up to
Angels Rest as we descended yesterday...

airoff

Post by airoff » January 4th, 2015, 9:34 am

forestkeeper wrote:Could you be a little more informative on the location please? Angel's Rest is two miles long or longer depending if you hike past the viewpoint. Also this trail is an unpaved dirt trail. Mud is a norm for this type of year, excusably more during the days of heavy downpours. Was there a slide across the trail or are you just dissatisfied with getting your boots dirty?

Thanks
Sorry, F.K. my post seemed funnier last night after a few IPA's. ;)
Eric Peterson wrote:Bosterson and I were buffooning around in that area as well, so much mud that we suggested the trail
should be closed to allow for some trail healing. Must have passed 70 flip flopping sea lions heading up to
Angels Rest as we descended yesterday...
I've only seen it worse on that trail once. Both times I've used microspikes to get down. I might look the fool, but I blow by everyone slipping around in the mud.

Guy

Post by Guy » January 4th, 2015, 10:59 am

airoff wrote:
forestkeeper wrote:Could you be a little more informative on the location please? Angel's Rest is two miles long or longer depending if you hike past the viewpoint. Also this trail is an unpaved dirt trail. Mud is a norm for this type of year, excusably more during the days of heavy downpours. Was there a slide across the trail or are you just dissatisfied with getting your boots dirty?

Thanks
Sorry, F.K. my post seemed funnier last night after a few IPA's. ;)
I still thought it was funny, even without IPA :)
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors

Lumpy

Post by Lumpy » January 4th, 2015, 11:11 am

Dude, watch out for the PUII police! :P
"Why are you always chasing women?"
"I'll tell you as soon as I catch one!"

TJ_T

Post by TJ_T » January 4th, 2015, 4:34 pm

Also, it gets very windy up there sometimes. If a fence or other structure could be built to help shield the exposed area I would imagine it could get more people to hike to this rarely visited vista.
I take pictures sometimes. And sometimes I post them here:
http://www.tjthornephotography.com
and
http://500px.com/TjThorne
and
https://www.facebook.com/tjthornephotography

payslee

Post by payslee » January 4th, 2015, 5:08 pm

Guy wrote:
airoff wrote: Sorry, F.K. my post seemed funnier last night after a few IPA's. ;)
I still thought it was funny, even without IPA :)
To be fair, FK's reply made it that much more hilarious, even before I had my coffee. :-)

-payslee

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » January 4th, 2015, 5:21 pm

TJ_T wrote:Also, it gets very windy up there sometimes. If a fence or other structure could be built to help shield the exposed area I would imagine it could get more people to hike to this rarely visited vista.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

viking

Post by viking » January 4th, 2015, 7:12 pm

Why not throw in a nice tea house while we are at it?