Wauna Viewpoint from Toothrock Loop

Use this forum to report and discuss trails in need of maintenance. This will help organizations like TKO and agencies like the Forest Service get the most recent on-the-ground trail conditions.
DannyH

Wauna Viewpoint from Toothrock Loop

Post by DannyH » November 29th, 2013, 5:53 pm

I hiked the Wauna Viewpoint from Toothrock trailhead Loop, following the directions in Curious Gorge.

There are a few small signs stapled to trees informing hikers that a landslide has closed the Wauna Viewpoint trail. Just before the powerline viewpoint the slide has broken loose at the base of a cliff and taken out the trail.

IMG_1690 by danny.harris1984, on Flickr

The worst part is at the bottom of the slide. The debris piled up on a switchback and people have started cutting up the hill, there is already a fair amount of erosion from this. The lower portion could be fixed up pretty easily (I think...), sadly I had no tools with me.

On the way back down towards Eagle Creek this tree is across the trail. Someone has moved the branches and it is fairly easy to go under or over.

IMG_1697 by danny.harris1984, on Flickr

If someone wants a good saw workout close to a parking lot, that would be the one!
"It isn't the mountain ahead that wears you out; it's the grain of sand in your shoe."