Resize Test

For testing the forum interface. A place where newbies can post test messages. Nothing informative here.
Limey

Resize Test

Post by Limey » June 4th, 2013, 8:54 am

Here's a picture of a mini forest growing on a nurse stump.
lolo lost lake 002 (1280x719)mini forest on nurse log.jpg
Is there a way to post a little bigger picture? They always seem to post this size. Any help would be appreciated. Is it because i'm not posting from outside source(photobucket etc)?

kepPNW

Re: Resize Test

Post by kepPNW » June 4th, 2013, 10:14 am

Limey wrote:Is there a way to post a little bigger picture? They always seem to post this size. Any help would be appreciated. Is it because i'm not posting from outside source(photobucket etc)?
Attachments do appear that size (400px wide), yep. Clicking on them jumps to the full-sized image, though. If you had it on Photobucket, Flickr, or anywhere else, they'd come in up to 2x as wide, with a maximum of 800px.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Limey

Post by Limey » June 4th, 2013, 11:30 am

Thanks kepPVW, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Marilyn

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » June 4th, 2013, 11:44 am

Limey wrote:Thanks kepPVW, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.
Nope, other than coming very close to the size limit. Pretty sure this board won't accept attachments over 1MB. You could definitely crank down on the compression, if you start hitting that. I saw yours was at 98%, which is barely at all. By cutting it back to 85%, the onscreen image is barely changed at all but the file is less than half as big. (I'd say "not at all" but just like some people claim to hear the difference gold-plated cables make on their stereo systems... ;))

From a "selfish on behalf of the community" perspective, keeping the photos on another server benefits us all in other ways besides being up to 2x bigger, too! It reduces both the bandwidth and storage requirements for PH, which ought to keep costs lower long-term. :)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

MarsIsCobra

Post by MarsIsCobra » June 4th, 2013, 2:30 pm

kepPNW wrote:Pretty sure this board won't accept attachments over 1MB.
that seems to be the limit per attachment I've found