Lollipop and a little of Devils Rest Trail 05/02/2012

For testing the forum interface. A place where newbies can post test messages. Nothing informative here.
donaleen

Lollipop and a little of Devils Rest Trail 05/02/2012

Post by donaleen » May 6th, 2012, 7:10 pm

I don't know if everyone calls it the Lollipop but that is what someone else called it and I like the name. You start at Wahkeena Falls and go up past Fairy Falls, take the Vista Trail, which comes out on 420 right near the Devil's Rest sign and then follow 420 back to the Wahkeena Trail and on down. In our case, we also did the switchback part of the Devil's Rest trail.

The Wahkeena trail was a muddy mess above Fairy Falls and there was a new slide (since last week).

Starting up the Vista Trail...
DSCN1001.JPG
It was so green on the Vista Trail.
DSCN1002.JPG
View from Vista Trail
DSCN1005.JPG
Going up the Devil's Rest Trail...
DSCN1007.JPG
I love the trees on the steep slope of the Devil's Rest Trail
DSCN1011.JPG

Waffle Stomper

Re: Lollipop and a little of Devils Rest Trail 05/02/2012

Post by Waffle Stomper » May 7th, 2012, 6:36 am

Nice to see the greens leaves of spring starting to pop. Thank you for the trip report.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

donaleen

Post by donaleen » May 7th, 2012, 8:36 am

I thought I read that you could post a topic here and then move it to Trip Reports after you had it working. I must have dreamed that one.

I am unsure of posting my trip reports. We hike all the time in the gorge; however our hikes are to "everyday" places in the gorge and my pictures are not spectacular.

Koda

Post by Koda » May 25th, 2012, 1:09 pm

donaleen wrote:I thought I read that you could post a topic here and then move it to Trip Reports after you had it working. I must have dreamed that one.

I am unsure of posting my trip reports. We hike all the time in the gorge; however our hikes are to "everyday" places in the gorge and my pictures are not spectacular.
posting anything here is no different than posting in the proper forum.

...and your pictures are spectacular and your hikes are of interest, there are lots of hiking options and it's always nice to read about what others are doing this often sparks the imagination and is in part one of the many reasons folks use this site. Keep em coming :)
lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2

donaleen

Post by donaleen » May 25th, 2012, 4:25 pm

Why thank you, Koda. How kind of you to say so. We hike pretty much every week. Today we did the Lollipop again (last week it was Siouxon Creek and the week before Rowena Crest). It was amazing how different things were on the Lollipop today. And how many people were out!

I keep up with all the trip reports on the forum. Many of them are hikes that are beyond me but it is fun to read about them and to see the pictures.