subscribe issues

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
Jabali

subscribe issues

Post by Jabali » August 23rd, 2011, 6:48 pm

For some reason the subscribe topics feature seems not to work for entire forums. For instance I subscribed to the 'Lets see some ID' topic last year, but never receive notices about new topics or posts there - unless I subscribe to a specific topic separately, which I have done several times forgetting I was already subscribed to the whole forum.
....where does that trail go?

Martell

Re: subscribe issues

Post by Martell » August 24th, 2011, 8:47 am

I did an update two days ago. Can you try it now? If it's still not working I will look into it.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper

Jabali

Post by Jabali » March 16th, 2012, 9:39 pm

Yes it is still going on, I am not getting notified of new posts in the 'Lets See Some ID' forum. Also, checking the list in control panels, I see that new posts 'Dogs of Portland Hikers' is no longer getting to me, though I am listed as subscribed and I did get updates for that until recently. Most others haven't had recent posts so hard to tell.
....where does that trail go?

Martell

Post by Martell » April 17th, 2012, 2:23 pm

I'm not sure what to do on this one. I tested it and it seems to be working, at least for me. Could be some sort of email issue. I'm guessing it's not a very popular feature, but sorry it isn't working for you.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » April 17th, 2012, 2:35 pm

You can just click on "Unread Posts" and see posts you haven't read

And "mark forums read" to mark every post as read if you don't want to read any more of them

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » April 17th, 2012, 6:33 pm

That's what I do, too! It's especially useful when I've been away from the computer for several days. I read the ones that look interesting and use "Mark Forums Read" for the rest.

Martell

Post by Martell » April 18th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Well the subscribe works differently in that it sends you an email when someone posts on a topic or forum you subscribe to. My guess is if you are having problems that the emails somehow are getting blocked. Or it could be a weird bug that only affects some threads, dunno.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper