Embedding YouTube Video using BB Codes

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
weekend_warrior

Re: Embedding YouTube Video using BB Codes

Post by weekend_warrior » January 4th, 2012, 3:05 pm

Thanks Crusak, it was the 'use the old embed code' box that I missed.

mayhem

Post by mayhem » August 22nd, 2012, 7:35 pm

Crusak wrote:
weekend_warrior wrote:I'm having trouble embedding my youtube video. Followed instructions, see the attachment for what I get. Any help?
Check out the videos that we've posted in the 'what are you listening to' thread in 'IDLE CHATTER' - here's a quote from that thread where I explained the process for posting youtube videos:
Crusak wrote:In case any of you want to start posting your video links in playabe youtube windows... here's the description of how to get the embed code to work on this forum.
Crusak wrote:Here's the scoop:

You need to put the info in this format-

Code: Select all

[flash=640,510]http://www.youtube.com/v/VV6zk7iQU4o?version=3&hl=en_US;&rel=0[/flash]
Click 'share' and 'embed' in youtube - be sure to check the box marked 'use old embed code'

The raw embed code from youtube looks like this:

<object width="640" height="510"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/VV6zk7iQU4o?ve ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/VV6zk7iQU4o?version=3&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="640" height="510" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Copy/paste the embed code, but only use the part I've highlighted in red text. That code goes between the 'Flash' tags, as I demonstrated above.

I added the '&rel=0' on the end, to remove the option for 'related videos' that shows in the video window after it plays.

Does my description make sense?
Like this -
It seems I no longer get the option for old embedded code. So how do I embed with http?
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Crusak

Post by Crusak » August 22nd, 2012, 7:56 pm

I just checked the last video I uploaded to youtube, and when I click 'share' and 'embed' the code box comes up with the option for using the old code. One thing that confused me is the the 'embed' button toggles the options on and off when you click it.

Testing - here's the code:

[flash=1280,720]http://www.youtube.com/v/2GqiDyzq1eo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]
And the result:

(holy cow that's a huge video window, lol)
Jim's Hikes

Solvitur Ambulando

mayhem

Post by mayhem » August 23rd, 2012, 6:47 am

[quote="Crusak"]I just checked the last video I uploaded to youtube, and when I click 'share' and 'embed' the code box comes up with the option for using the old code. One thing that confused me is the the 'embed' button toggles the options on and off when you click it.

Testing - here's the code:

[flash=1280,720]http://www.youtube.com/v/2GqiDyzq1eo?version=3&hl=en_US&rel=0[/flash]
I'm using mobile devices & the option does not come up? Only the HTTP option is displayed? It's fine on the computer though.

See here ,
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Crusak

Post by Crusak » August 23rd, 2012, 6:56 am

Ah that's odd, but I haven't ever tried to post a video from my iPhone on the forums. I wonder if it's a youtube issue, or a mobile device issue?
Jim's Hikes

Solvitur Ambulando

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » August 23rd, 2012, 12:22 pm

Well, something on this site seems to have broken (or been broken) anyway. Lately, I've found that if I add Image
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » August 23rd, 2012, 12:26 pm

Hmmmmm... Just loaded this page in Chrome, Opera, IE9, and Firefox. It's only failing in Firefox (v14.0.1), which is my principal browser. But that does explain the timing of the "break" - it was probably one of the more recent updates. :(
Karl

Martell

Post by Martell » August 23rd, 2012, 12:37 pm

Hmm it is working in Firefox 13.0.1. The HTML looks fine, so it is odd that it isn't working in 14.

Edit: Updated FF to 14.0.1 and it still worked even after refresh. Maybe check flash updates?
-Dan
Site Tech Helper

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » August 23rd, 2012, 2:08 pm

Martell wrote:Hmm it is working in Firefox 13.0.1. The HTML looks fine, so it is odd that it isn't working in 14.

Edit: Updated FF to 14.0.1 and it still worked even after refresh. Maybe check flash updates?
Good thought. Just updated Flash to 11.4.402.265, but no sale. This is all I see in FF:
Capture.jpg
(Windows 7x64)
Karl

Guy

Post by Guy » December 20th, 2012, 9:11 am

When I used the Flash Tags to embed a youtube video earlier this week I noticed that it didn't work with Youtubes standard embed code. I had to click the checkbox that said "use old embed code" to get code that would work here.

Just a heads up in case anyone else has the same problem.
hiking log & photos.
Ad monte summa aut mors