First suggestion

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
fettster

First suggestion

Post by fettster » June 17th, 2008, 9:18 pm

Hi all. Cool to see this forum online.

I'll add the first comment in this sub-forum in suggesting the image-posting plug-in used over on nwhikers.net be added to the feature set on this site. It's nifty for posting images straight from a Smugmug/flikr/etc account and will even pull over any caption text you've added on your galleries on those respective site to the captions of the pictures you add to a PH post. Here's how it shows in the nwhikers posting interface:

Here's an example TR where you can see the thumbnail pics with captions:
http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7967579

jeffstatt

Re: First suggestion

Post by jeffstatt » June 17th, 2008, 10:18 pm

Thanks for the suggestion...I always liked that about NWHikers.net

Martell

Re: First suggestion

Post by Martell » June 18th, 2008, 9:02 am

Yeah that feature is cool. I haven't seen any PHPBB3 mods that do this so I wonder if they wrote it themselves. One of the reasons NWhikers did that is because they didn't want to have to store the images on their own server. Right now we are allowing up to 15 attachments per post here, and the attachment system is pretty easy to use. We also plan to do something towards having a more advanced gallery system available. This will allow you to log in and maintain your own galleries like the old system- but hopefully much easier and faster. Integration with Flickr, photobucket, etc would be nice too.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper