home page updates?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
Mr. Smartyman

home page updates?

Post by Mr. Smartyman » May 10th, 2018, 8:16 am

this link: https://www.oregonhikers.org/ takes you to the home page. This page used to be updated with popular trip reports.

Either the reports posted there are setting a record for most days as most popular, or this isn't being updated anymore. I miss this feature. It used to be the start page for my browser.

Now I have to go to the forums and then to trip reports and then decide for myself what I want to look at. I can't be clicking and deciding all day!

That's my two cents.

p.s. you should a have feature that, whenever someone gives their two cents, it actually donate two cents to the site. It would add up.

retired jerry

Re: home page updates?

Post by retired jerry » May 10th, 2018, 8:46 am

I don't know about your question, but I just click on "unread posts" and it shows me posts that I haven't already read, starting with most recent.

Dustin DuBois

Post by Dustin DuBois » May 10th, 2018, 1:36 pm

Mr. Smartyman wrote:
May 10th, 2018, 8:16 am
this link: https://www.oregonhikers.org/ takes you to the home page. This page used to be updated with popular trip reports.
Either the reports posted there are setting a record for most days as most popular, or this isn't being updated anymore. I miss this feature. It used to be the start page for my browser.

Now I have to go to the forums and then to trip reports and then decide for myself what I want to look at. I can't be clicking and deciding all day
Most of the featured trip reports are pretty recent postings. It's probably a combination of the most recent and the most commented. Maybe a nice bold link to "All Trip Reports" would be good to add to that block of thumbnails.
Hi!

Mr. Smartyman

Post by Mr. Smartyman » May 10th, 2018, 3:47 pm

It's just not updated anymore. There have been almost 30 trip reports posted since it last changed. Really, nothing since the forums changed.

Not a big deal. I just liked it.

bobcat

Post by bobcat » May 10th, 2018, 5:29 pm

Dan is aware of this, and he has been looking at it as part of the upgrade, which wasn't just a routine "bump up." There are a few individual technical difficulties that have come up. For now, we're stuck with a "placeholder" home page. Thanks for your patience!

Mr. Smartyman

Post by Mr. Smartyman » May 10th, 2018, 6:47 pm

Cool. I look forward to future updates.

Martell

Post by Martell » May 10th, 2018, 11:09 pm

Here is the list of trip reports that should be displayed:
North Ridge Little Baldy, Starway May 8, 2018
June Lake loop
Bonneville TH to Three Corner Rock + Table Mountain (May 4, 2018)
Klickitat Breaks, Soda Springs, and Beeks Canyon Viewpoint - May 6, 2018
Birkenfeld Mt to Three Corner Rock
Swale Canyon
Frustration Falls (Salmon River) - May 5, 2018
Mount Pisgah (Lane County) 5-01-18
A Tick and the Rogue River Trail
Dog preflowers
Augspurger Mt from Cook via Can Lid Lane
Lyle Cherry Orchard & Dalles Mountain Ranch

You can view it here: http://www.oregonhikers.org/index_new.php

The new forums encode the posts differently, so it was messing up what was displayed, but it is on the list of things to be fixed.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper

Martell

Post by Martell » August 2nd, 2018, 2:36 pm

These are dynamic again.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper