Deleting posts

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
underbucker

Deleting posts

Post by underbucker » June 21st, 2017, 7:54 am

When I am in Organize and Invite! (Upcoming Hikes) forum, bottom of page says: You can delete your posts in this forum. However, I cannot find button to delete my obsolete post. Can you help? Thanks!

Bosterson

Re: Deleting posts

Post by Bosterson » June 21st, 2017, 9:09 am

When you view your post, there are a set of buttons in the bottom right - edit, delete, quote, etc. If delete isn't an option, then you are no longer able to delete that post - for instance, you can't delete a post that has replies to it. If you need help deleting something, feel free to contact me or one of the other mods. :)
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

underbucker

Post by underbucker » June 21st, 2017, 10:16 am

Thanks. That's what I thought. But even with no replys, the delete button is missing. It shows only edit and quote.

Please delete: Barlow Pass (PCT) Sunday June 25th

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » June 22nd, 2017, 8:44 am

The other option is to just edit it to only say something like, "Nothing to see here, move along now..." :)
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » June 22nd, 2017, 8:45 am

or "." AKA geodots :)

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » June 22nd, 2017, 11:03 am

Please don't geodot posts! That just makes the forum look awful, with inexplicable "." threads hanging around. Every time I come across a Geo'd post in old threads, I delete it on principle. Practice "leave no trace" on the forum and don't leave abandoned garbage in your posts! :)

Per the post in question, since it was a partner invite, if you can't delete it and don't want to edit it, you could always reply to your own post with "I found someone, so this invite is closed" or something like that. Otherwise, if you have an issue with your post that you aren't able to take care of yourself, feel free to PM a mod for help.
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased