Forum board changes.. uploading pictures?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
merelunacy

Forum board changes.. uploading pictures?

Post by merelunacy » July 25th, 2016, 9:49 am

I noticed that embedding a video has become incredibly easier, which is awesome; thanks! Although there is one thing that still is a big obstacle for posting. When I'm wanting to upload images there is a image size limit. Granted I understand why. What I'm wondering is, how hard would it be to change it so that during upload the forum board could adjust the size? ie such as facebook or other social media websites do. At the moment I have to change the sizes in images editing software. I don't want to upload them to a different website such as flickr, photobucket, etc. and then attach them to the forum board.

Is there currently a way for the forum board to adjust the image sizes?

Bosterson

Re: Forum board changes.. uploading pictures?

Post by Bosterson » July 25th, 2016, 10:45 pm

merelunacy wrote:I don't want to upload them to a different website such as flickr, photobucket, etc. and then attach them to the forum board.
I'm not sure if the forum's code could implement something fancy that would auto-resize pics, but Dan would be able to give a definite answer. But if you're already uploading to Flickr, why not just use the "[img]" tag and link directly to the pics for the TR?
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

merelunacy

Re: Forum board changes.. uploading pictures?

Post by merelunacy » August 5th, 2016, 4:28 am

Kinda figured it was a fancy step, but didn't know without asking. You guys already volunteer a great deal of time to manage the forum board, which I really appreciate. :) Thank you all for that!

Really don't want to upload to flickr cause it's an extra step, plus it would be easier for people to steal the picture. Also I think it would take the same amount of time to resize as it would to upload to flickr and link to the forum board. Trying to think of a way someone who isn't computer savvy to have as little steps as possible.