Authorization Email Delivery Failure

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
bearyeller

Authorization Email Delivery Failure

Post by bearyeller » October 27th, 2014, 9:30 am

Hello,

I've been lurking for some time and finally decided to create an account and start contributing to the forum. I attempted to create my account last week, but the verification email never arrived. I was busy so I didn't have time to look into it further, other than checking my spam filter, etc. This morning I was able to look at my email server a bit more closely and found all the emails from the site that were being rejected.

Long story short, the sender email address (real one, not the displayed one) does not match the site. My email server has sender verification turned on, which tripped the emails to fail. I was able to get my account authorized by turning sender verification off.

I'm an email server admin so I deal with this sort of stuff often and it's not a big deal for me to fix. I'm worried, however, that there may be people attempting to register for the site that don't have the ability to troubleshoot the issue, and just give up.

I also found that there doesn't appear to be any easily accessible email addresses or contact info for help with the site, which may be of use to someone in the prior predicament.

Anyhow, I made it. If you guys need further assistance with the issue, let me know and I can share log files, etc.

Thanks,
Bearyeller