Search Option keeps crashing?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
Martell

Re: Search Option keeps crashing?

Post by Martell » June 12th, 2013, 12:49 pm

mayhem wrote: Same issue! Crash crash crash. I get to use the 1st page I select but if nothing is on that page it crash when I select the next page.

Not complaining just sharing experience. I really do appreciate everything you do to keep this site running.
I can't recreate that. If I do a search with multi-page results I hit next page and then I see the next page of results.

If you are getting an error about searching too quickly, you may need to wait and try again. If you are not logged into the site you will run into this problem constantly. Basically, don't search if you aren't logged in.

GrannyHiker: If you are clicking "Unread posts" and having to log back in, it's likely the web server was restarted and you lost your session. This should hopefully be an infrequent occurrence at this point.

Unless you left your browser open for several hours and come back and click "Unread posts" then your session might just be expired.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper

mayhem

Post by mayhem » June 16th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Martell wrote:
mayhem wrote: Same issue! Crash crash crash. I get to use the 1st page I select but if nothing is on that page it crash when I select the next page.

Not complaining just sharing experience. I really do appreciate everything you do to keep this site running.
I can't recreate that. If I do a search with multi-page results I hit next page and then I see the next page of results.
Hmmmm? Ok seems to be working :) Maybe i was not signed in like you suggested??
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » June 16th, 2013, 4:26 pm

Dan, when it has happened is when I went into the site. I'm on "permanent log-on." Sometimes this goes away and I have to log in again. However, a few times I have gone into this site, my username showed up above, but when I clicked "Unread Posts" my username disappeared and I had to log in. The last time was just before I posted about it above.

I'll let you know promptly if it happens again!