Error message and automatic log-in problems

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
Grannyhiker

Error message and automatic log-in problems

Post by Grannyhiker » March 8th, 2013, 3:21 pm

I got this message when I tried to read posts just now--and not for the first time:
General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

User portlap0_phpbb already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections [1203]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
I also have been having trouble with the automatic log-in ("Log me on automatically at each visit"). The past week, it doesn't work about 3/4 of the time and I have to do the full-fledged log-in. Yes, I do check the button for automatic log-on each time.

Are we overcrowding our host server or what? It's not nearly as bad as 2008 when PH became almost unusable until it migrated to a different host, but it's definitely getting worse. Are we getting too popular for our own good?

Maybe we all need, as the home page suggests, to turn off our computers and go hiking!

Thanks for any help you can give!

Koda

Re: Error message and automatic log-in problems

Post by Koda » March 8th, 2013, 5:00 pm

it takes me ~4x longer than any other web page to open. Been like this all week now.
lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2

Martell

Post by Martell » March 11th, 2013, 9:15 pm

Yeah I'm sorry for the persistent issues. I'm trying to evaluate some other options right now. Talking to Tom/TKO to see what we can do.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » March 11th, 2013, 10:48 pm

I was beginning to wonder if it was just me. Whew, after some persistent computer problems, this is good news.
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir