PMs in Outbox vs Sent folder?

Use this forum to ask questions about how to use this website, or to make any general comments about how it works
Bosterson

PMs in Outbox vs Sent folder?

Post by Bosterson » May 18th, 2012, 10:26 am

I have a couple of PMs that I sent that are showing up in the Outbox (along with a number in parentheses, as if they were unread). They are not in my Sent items folder. One was a reply to a PM I received, and the other was a new PM (sent through the little "PM" button on a user profile) to inquire whether the previous one had gone through.

I'm worried that since both are in the Outbox rather than the Sent folder that they actually haven't been sent. If that's the case, why is that happening, and how can I fix it?
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased

Martell

Re: PMs in Outbox vs Sent folder?

Post by Martell » May 18th, 2012, 10:29 am

I think that just means they have not been read by the recipient yet. Once they read it, it goes in Sent. The difference is you can still delete and edit things in the Outbox before the recipient sees them.
-Dan
Site Tech Helper

Lurch

Post by Lurch » May 18th, 2012, 10:46 am

Yup, pretty sure you're spot on Martell. Outbox vs Sent is just a read confirmation.

Bosterson

Post by Bosterson » May 18th, 2012, 11:02 am

Great, thanks for the help. That just means my recipient is being lazy about sending me the trail map I asked for, not that there's something wrong with my PMs. :D
#pnw #bestlife #bitingflies #favoriteyellowcap #neverdispleased