Tillamook Wetlands Loop Hike

Post comments or questions about the Field Guide
derwoodynck

Tillamook Wetlands Loop Hike

Post by derwoodynck » October 28th, 2023, 4:58 pm

We were checking out a few short trails/hikes out in the Tillamook area today including the Tillamook Wetlands. We parked at the Goodspeed Road TH and the kiosk/map is no longer there and the gate has bene replaced by a chain. We followed the dikes around but the loop was about 2-miles shorter than described. It appears that they have possible removed some of the former Goodspeed Road/dike and others. Current Google earth images don't appear to show any track besides the dikes we followed today. I'm assuming it was part of the continuing restoration of the wetlands.
Tillamook Wetlands.png
Out GPS track on the dikes. Ignore the two short out-and-backs

Also Sissek Road has a chain across it at Goodspeed Road so you can't continue straight there. There is a signed parking area on the South side of Goodspeed Road just after the bridge over Hall Slough (also visible on Google).

On a different note the Anderson Hill hike was as described and the trail was in good shape.

bobcat

Re: Tillamook Wetlands Loop Hike

Post by bobcat » October 29th, 2023, 9:32 am

Thank you again for taking the time to note this. We always appreciate these updates as most people don't bother (they probably just curse us for being inaccurate).

So the road walk section described in the original FG entry is now chained off, no public vehicles permitted?

Do you have a photo we can use of the parking at Hall Slough?

Thanks again!

derwoodynck

Re: Tillamook Wetlands Loop Hike

Post by derwoodynck » November 1st, 2023, 5:52 am

Glad to help out, there are a lot of hikes on here to try and keep track of. :)

You can walk still walk Goodspeed Road between the lot at Hall Slough and the Goodspeed Road Trailhead. Not sure how useful they'll be but here is a photo of the Hall Slough TH coming from the dike (Goodspeed Bridge is on the left)
ImageIMG_1705 by Heather Yunck, on Flickr

This is the Goodspeed Road TH now with the metal gate gone.
ImageIMG_1676 by Heather Yunck, on Flickr

I will try and provide updates as we find them and I'm also hoping to spend some time seeing if I have any other photos that you're looking for (I saw the Needs pics page).