Cooper Spur via Tilly Jane Ski Trail

Post comments or questions about the Field Guide
Brian95

Re: Cooper Spur via Tilly Jane Ski Trail

Post by Brian95 » July 26th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Looks good to me. Thank you!

Seems it would be easier to have editing permissions. I have experience on Wikipedia, so have used the language before and know how to work a wiki. Is there a "minimum tenure", so to speak, for requesting them/do you know the process?

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » July 26th, 2019, 4:26 pm

If you have the time to do the editing yourself that's probably easiest, though I'm glad to help too. I think I'm the newest FG editor and I cannot speak for others but I imagine you'll be welcomed. PM bobcat about setting that up. :)

Brian95

Post by Brian95 » July 27th, 2019, 6:08 am

Thank you! I've messaged them

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » August 6th, 2019, 7:12 pm

Kudos Brian95 and Webfoot, fine work.
Back when it was partly snow-covered, I did sections of that as my descent, having ascended to the west via Polallie and Newton Clark. Someday I want to get back and ascend the TJ trail when bare, strictly as a play day, maybe a cool breezy Wednesday after Labor Day.

Oh, and I agree on the Polallie Ridge Trail, what a PITA. I understand it's basically just a ski route.

Brian95

Post by Brian95 » August 9th, 2019, 4:10 pm

Thank you for the kind words! Hopefully one day the USFS or a volunteer crew resurrects the 643A trail; it has some amazing scenery!

bobcat

Post by bobcat » August 31st, 2019, 7:58 am

@Brian95 and Webfoot:

Thanks for working on adding the Tilly Jane Ski Trail hike to the Field Guide! I have the beta on this one, but wanted to rehike it this fall before adding it - now you've taken it out of my hands!

I've just returned from an overseas trip of several weeks, so I will be contacting you soon, Brian, to set you up as a Field Guide editor.

For others, we are always looking for new Field Guide editors who will be able to add new hikes. We are trying to be less Portland-centered, so those with expertise in other areas of Oregon/southern Washington are especially needed. Generally, we'd like to "get to know" you first via trip reports, etc., but you can also do what Brian did and submit a draft entry. Contact me if you're interested.