Update Springbrook-Iron Mountain hike, or add new one?

Post comments or questions about the Field Guide
think2survive

Update Springbrook-Iron Mountain hike, or add new one?

Post by think2survive » June 29th, 2017, 9:17 am

Hi,

I was looking for a way to contribute to the field guide. Am I correct that regular users are not able to update it, even though it appears to have Wiki-like features?

This was the hike I wanted to add to:

http://www.oregonhikers.org/field_guide ... _Loop_Hike

(Or, perhaps, I wanted to present Iron Mountain Park as just its own short hike, rather than as part of this multi-park route.)

The crucial bit of info I wanted to add was the trailhead on Brookside Rd, next to the horse stables. It has good signage and ample parking, but it's not mentioned in the field guide entry (since that hike has you starting and ending elsewhere).

Directions to the trailhead are also not given by Lake Oswego's page about the Iron Heritage Trail. I had to download their trail map PDF on my phone, and then go wander down the end of Brookside Rd to find it:

http://www.ci.oswego.or.us/parksrec/osw ... tage-trail

To find it, you drive down Brookside Rd, then make a sharp left when you reach the driveway for the horse stables. The parking area is just a couple hundred feet down from there.

The trail in Iron Mountain Park also branches to a entrance on Edgemont Rd, but that is a small residential street with almost no parking, so I don't recommend that trailhead. I didn't have the opportunity to check out the trailhead on Glen Eagles Rd, but that's a residential street as well, with lots of big fancy houses, so I imagine parking might be tricky there as well.

bobcat

Re: Update Springbrook-Iron Mountain hike, or add new one?

Post by bobcat » June 30th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Generally, new Field Guide editors have been posting for some time in the Forums before we sign them up as editors, i.e. we "get to know" people a bit before allowing entry!

However, I'd be happy to add that trailhead to the hike described. Just give me a few days . . . and thanks for the suggestion!

think2survive

Re: Update Springbrook-Iron Mountain hike, or add new one?

Post by think2survive » July 3rd, 2017, 8:54 am

bobcat wrote:Generally, new Field Guide editors have been posting for some time in the Forums before we sign them up as editors, i.e. we "get to know" people a bit before allowing entry!

However, I'd be happy to add that trailhead to the hike described. Just give me a few days . . . and thanks for the suggestion!
Oh yeah, no worries. That makes sense, I just didn't know if I was missing the Field Guide editing button somehow!