covid vaccines currently available

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
aiwetir

Re: covid vaccines currently available

Post by aiwetir » April 12th, 2021, 10:50 pm

If you want to go to Salem (maybe Woodburn or Monmouth), appointments have been mostly easy to get.

They add appointments M,W,F sometime after noon. There are appointments available right now.

Go to
https://mychart.salemhealth.org/mychart/covid19/#/

Answer like 3 questions and pick a date and time, you don't have to register with MyHealth but if you do you can pre-fill the paperwork and save time in line.

Recently the waiting time has been less than an hour for most people, it may increase as it opens to more people.
- Michael

squidvicious

Post by squidvicious » April 13th, 2021, 6:48 am

aiwetir wrote:
April 12th, 2021, 10:50 pm
If you want to go to Salem (maybe Woodburn or Monmouth), appointments have been mostly easy to get.
I don't get why appointments seem to be concentrated in certain cities. When I looked at Kaiser, I could pretty much have my pick of appointment times... if I went to Longview. Anywhere else, nothing. I don't even know if I can get a shot in WA as an Oregon resident, even within the Kaiser system.

teachpdx

Post by teachpdx » April 13th, 2021, 7:43 am

squidvicious wrote:
April 13th, 2021, 6:48 am
I don't even know if I can get a shot in WA as an Oregon resident, even within the Kaiser system.
It's discouraged, but WA has been pretty clear that it's not the policy of their Department of Health to turn out-of-Staters away. You may find even better luck branching outside of Kaiser... my partner and I certainly did. Then just upload a copy of your vaccination card to your Kaiser doctor and they'll add it to your record. My opinion, if you can get an appointment in Washington, take it.
instagram: @remyodyssey

aiwetir

Post by aiwetir » April 13th, 2021, 9:16 am

squidvicious wrote:
April 13th, 2021, 6:48 am
I don't get why appointments seem to be concentrated in certain cities. When I looked at Kaiser, I could pretty much have my pick of appointment times... if I went to Longview. Anywhere else, nothing. I don't even know if I can get a shot in WA as an Oregon resident, even within the Kaiser system.
There was some weird article about concentrating the vaccines in places to justify having the places open. But do you need to stay in the Kaiser system? The Salem Health thing is open to everyone, they check your insurance at the door but you don't pay if you don't have insurance, maybe you could just say you don't if that's easier.
- Michael

squidvicious

Post by squidvicious » April 13th, 2021, 1:17 pm

Definitely doesn't need to be from Kaiser, just heard they had plenty of appointments. They just failed to mention where. Moot point, as that location isn't showing for them at all now--might have been giving out the Johnson & Johnson vaccine that they've put a hold on.

I'm on lists and checking the appointment-hunter sites, just would be ideal to find some place with enough appointments available that we could both schedule together and get this knocked out. Preferably not an hour plus away, especially if we need to go twice *eyes Albertsons clinic within walking distance*

edit: I'm bad at the Internet. They are still showing Longview appointments. You don't need to be a Kaiser member, so if that works for someone, that's another one to check out.
https://healthy.kaiserpermanente.org/or ... ailability

walrus

Post by walrus » April 13th, 2021, 7:11 pm

You may have tried this already, but I've known people to have good luck getting on the waitlist at their neighborhood pharmacy. Once you get called in for the first dose, they'll schedule the second at your convenience.

Likewise, if you have the time/ability to volunteer, many large vaccination sites have lotteries for doses that would otherwise go to waste.