Blister Prevention

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
pcg

Re: Blister Prevention

Post by pcg » September 1st, 2018, 1:24 pm

bghiker wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 7:33 am
... I currently wear my Lowa renegades in warm weather and Zamberlain steep 760's when its cooler/wetter...
I use the same combination. I have very wide feet with a narrow heel and trail runners that are wide enough for my toes allow my foot to slide around inside, which makes for very unstable footing.

I can't say why, but I'm fortunate to NEVER have blisters, my Lowa Renegades are hot and my feet sweat in them which is uncomfortable, but I don't get blisters. I don't like the fact that my feet are hot, but I really like the waterproof factor which keep my feet dry when sloshing through streams and mud. I just air them out at night, along with my Smartwool socks. No bad smell either. I'm guessing you just have to find the right fit. My feet don't slide around and I have no heel lift.

Word Nerd

Re: Blister Prevention

Post by Word Nerd » September 2nd, 2018, 1:28 pm

pcg wrote:
September 1st, 2018, 1:24 pm
bghiker wrote:
July 29th, 2018, 7:33 am
... I currently wear my Lowa renegades in warm weather and Zamberlain steep 760's when its cooler/wetter...
I use the same combination. I have very wide feet with a narrow heel and trail runners that are wide enough for my toes allow my foot to slide around inside, which makes for very unstable footing.
This is my foot exactly! My heal is a normal width, and my toes are extra wide. It is so hard to find a shoe that works well with that, but it looks like I should check out these Zamberlains!