Any one out there with a knee replacement?

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
forester

Re: Any one out there with a knee replacement?

Post by forester » January 1st, 2014, 9:15 pm

I try and imagine what Roy's voice sounds like based on his posts and all I hear in my head is Rorschach from Watchmen. :geek:

I think like all surgeries, some people it works great, some it works poorly, some get mixed results. Best you can hope for is to choose the right doc, prepare to make the best overall decision, and hope that the surgery, rehab, and results leave you better off than where you were before. I had major surgery on my neck a few years ago, and while things aren't perfect by any stretch, it's a lot better than near-constant migraines.

Don Nelsen

Post by Don Nelsen » January 1st, 2014, 9:33 pm

forester wrote:I try and imagine what Roy's voice sounds like based on his posts and all I hear in my head is Rorschach from Watchmen. :geek:

I think like all surgeries, some people it works great, some it works poorly, some get mixed results. Best you can hope for is to choose the right doc, prepare to make the best overall decision, and hope that the surgery, rehab, and results leave you better off than where you were before. I had major surgery on my neck a few years ago, and while things aren't perfect by any stretch, it's a lot better than near-constant migraines.
I think I was really lucky finding what I was told was the best back surgery doc when I needed work done in '10. All is well, so far, and I'm back to 100%+. Also, IMHO stay in 100% the best condition you can manage - exercise, diet, etc. etc. You will not be disappointed.

dn
"Everything works in the planning stage" - Kelly

"If you don't do it this year, you will be one year older when you do" - Warren Miller

Roy

Post by Roy » January 1st, 2014, 10:32 pm

forester wrote:I try and imagine what Roy's voice sounds like based on his posts and all I hear in my head is Rorschach from Watchmen. :geek:

Forester--I wont compare surgeries I have chronic spinal stenosis my knee replacement is a attempt to get me walking better to relive pressure.

Glad you head and neck are better. No idea what the Watchman refers to.
Last edited by Roy on January 2nd, 2014, 5:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

Roy

Post by Roy » January 2nd, 2014, 5:07 am

Don Nelsen wrote: I think I was really lucky finding what I was told was the best back surgery doc when I needed work done in '10. All is well, so far, and I'm back to 100%+. Also, IMHO stay in 100% the best condition you can manage - exercise, diet, etc. etc. You will not be disappointed.

dn

dn -- getting older is not what I expected I to had a very good nero spine surgeon a year and a half ago but my stenosis is chronic thank you for the kind words.

I so often get such negative feed back from people, IMO its all in how you respond the after surgery ;)
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura