Safety on the trail

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
justpeachy

Re: Safety on the trail

Post by justpeachy » November 10th, 2013, 4:53 pm

There's no need to belittle any of the decisions Forest Panther made (nor is there a need to turn a safety discussion into a political discussion). When you're a woman hiking alone you can't be too careful. Maybe that guy was ok and maybe he was a wacko. No way to know. It's a tired cliche but I'll say it anyway: better safe than sorry.

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » November 10th, 2013, 6:05 pm

No belittlement intended. Sorry if it came out that way! ;)

viking

Post by viking » November 12th, 2013, 6:58 am

forest keeper, thank you for removing your hate speech. One of the hallmarks of this site is the friendly, supportive exchange of knowledge and information between outdoor enthusiasts of all experience and ability levels. Lets all keep it there.
Keith

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » November 12th, 2013, 10:25 am

I'm sorry Keith, I wasn't aware that I said or implied anything hateful. Maybe we should get together sometime and talk it over. ;) If you'd like, why don't you post what "hate" speech I wrote rather than accusing someone something they are unaware of. Just name a place, and we can meet up.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » November 12th, 2013, 11:00 am

It was the bit about your constitutional right to be a terrorist, I think. HTH!
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » November 12th, 2013, 12:39 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: I'd better turn in my Daisy BB gun before I get a knock on my door....Even though King David did kill a Philistine with a sling shot. Wonder if he would be considered a terrorist.....probably to the Philistines. ;)

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » November 12th, 2013, 12:48 pm

It's often "all in how you say it," eh? :roll:

Like it or not, rants on the 2nd sound a lot like that to folks who consider reason to rule the day. There are limits on everything, and asserting otherwise just lumps one in with "them."
Karl

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » November 12th, 2013, 1:00 pm

:) Your very right, Karl. I should just keep my big mouth shut. Later!

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » November 12th, 2013, 1:29 pm

There's a time and a place. :)

I have little (really, no!) doubt we'd get along great out on the trail, where I could see that bigaxx grin each time you let loose with stuff like that. I know that because of your many other splendid contributions here! But the implied twinkle in the eye doesn't translate to raw text very well, does it? Hell, I'm still pissing people off (every now and then unintentionally, no less!) after three decades on the 'net! :lol:

No need to keep your "big mouth shut" -- just practice hitting that Cancel button after typing out any political tirade on a hiking site. It's the act of typing it that's the catharsis anyway, right? :D
Karl