Affordable motion-detecting security cam... for cars!

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
Splintercat

Affordable motion-detecting security cam... for cars!

Post by Splintercat » January 30th, 2013, 2:30 pm

This little camera looks pretty interesting. It's very small, sticks to a window, runs on a rechargeable battery and supports up to an 8 GB micro SD card.

For $72, I'm thinking I could stick this on the inside of my tailgate window, pointed toward the front of the car... and there's a chance that a thief wouldn't see it, assuming they have broken into the driver or passenger front doors. Even if they then opened the back hatch, it would swing above their head, and possibly look like part of the rear defrost...?

Any thoughts on this..? I'd like something less obvious, but smash and grab thieves aren't necessarily looking around for stuff stuck to the windows... right?

Tom

Koda

Re: Affordable motion-detecting security cam... for cars!

Post by Koda » January 30th, 2013, 3:04 pm

Splintercat wrote: I'd like something less obvious, but smash and grab thieves aren't necessarily looking around for stuff stuck to the windows... right?
I think this would be a "steal me first" sign to thieves. IMO of course, it would be the same as leaving a GPS on your dash.

lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2