Do you know your Heart rate & Breathing rate?

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
kepPNW

Re: Do you know your Heart rate & Breathing rate?

Post by kepPNW » September 6th, 2012, 9:39 pm

EMTStolz wrote:kwpPNW, I downloaded that one yesterday and tried it out. Then I tried it a second time, but instead of putting my finger over the camera, i just set my phone down on my deck. Now I know my deck is in good condition, it has a healthy heart rate of 65! :lol:
HA! Oh man, I just d/l'd it yesterday, too. Still a little suspicious, apparently with good reason!

My own desk doesn't look long for this world... 126 and highly erratic. But my postit notes are as healthy as mayhem! :lol:
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Roy

Post by Roy » September 8th, 2012, 5:59 pm

Mine runs around 50 in bed in the morning. I did not want to post this but when I was 40 on July 4th I had a stomach bleed from taking motrin for a knee I blew out in 1980. Before my wife took me to the hospital I layed on the couch and when I lifted my arm my heart screamed and I panted and almost passed out. But no pain and I was very content where I was.

At the hospital they freaked started a rapid infuser to pump me full of blood. They asked all kinds of question and seemed amazed and I was awake with my crit numbers I was transfused 8 units of blood an endoscopy carterised the leak and I was home in the coming days.

Learned one thing ibuprofen,naproxen (motrin and advil) and and other nsaids kill way more people than all illegal drugs combined. I was only taking them now and then and at the recommended dosage. I have not touched any of that stuff since.Granted my grandfather and one of my uncles had ulcers but I hardly ever have any stomach issues I was just lucky i guess.

Just read this.
http://www.healthsentinel.com/joomla/in ... &Itemid=24

Do think corporations and media hide things, you never care until it is you.
Last edited by Roy on September 9th, 2012, 6:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » September 8th, 2012, 7:10 pm

Wow - glad you survived

I take a baby aspirin every day (81 mg) - maybe I shouldn't do that - it's entiric coated which might protect my stomach

Roy

Post by Roy » September 9th, 2012, 4:26 am

retired jerry wrote:Wow - glad you survived

I take a baby aspirin every day (81 mg) - maybe I shouldn't do that - it's entiric coated which might protect my stomach
I doubt thats a problem. My niece a nurse said she would rather smoke a pack a day than take nsaids at therapeutic levels.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » September 9th, 2012, 7:34 am

Roy wrote:

I doubt thats a problem. My niece a nurse said she would rather smoke a pack a day than take nsaids at therapeutic levels.
Yeah, that article leaves the impression they're talking about heavy daily use? Not just popping some ibuprofin on the trail when the knees start screaming?

I'm surprised info of such dire nature isn't more widely known. There doesn't seem to be a clear suppression motivation at play. (Bigger markets have fallen. Too many players for an effective cover-up.) Curious enough to read more, though. Thanks...
Karl

Roy

Post by Roy » September 9th, 2012, 8:29 am

kepPNW wrote:
Roy wrote:

Yeah, that article leaves the impression they're talking about heavy daily use? Not just popping some ibuprofin on the trail when the knees start screaming?

I'm surprised info of such dire nature isn't more widely known. There doesn't seem to be a clear suppression motivation at play. (Bigger markets have fallen. Too many players for an effective cover-up.) Curious enough to read more, though. Thanks...
This why I did not want to post you are are risk any time you take this stuff even one time read the label. In14 years Ive given up warning people they do want to hear it. Just take some in the morning when your neck is stiff or a sore knee half way thru a hike . Lawsuits are settled with silence clauses Micky Dees causes strokes and heart attacks no one shuts them down its called freedom of choice. And collateral damage that is exceptable by our gov.

Most likely I was unlucky health care workers know this is most toxic pain reliever out there over the counter.That is all I have to say about that.

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » September 9th, 2012, 9:52 am

Well, it's a good thing to be aware of! On my radar, now...
Karl

mayhem

Post by mayhem » September 9th, 2012, 11:59 am

kepPNW wrote:
EMTStolz wrote:kwpPNW, I downloaded that one yesterday and tried it out. Then I tried it a second time, but instead of putting my finger over the camera, i just set my phone down on my deck. Now I know my deck is in good condition, it has a healthy heart rate of 65! :lol:
HA! Oh man, I just d/l'd it yesterday, too. Still a little suspicious, apparently with good reason!

My own desk doesn't look long for this world... 126 and highly erratic. But my postit notes are as healthy as mayhem! :lol:
That's why I said the one I used with facial fluctuation was much better. I could not get consistant results with the ones that inspect the finger.
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!