Does lightning strikes stimulate hair growth?

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
Roy

Re: Does lightning strikes stimulate hair growth?

Post by Roy » April 26th, 2012, 10:02 pm

Eric Peterson wrote:What if it hits a tic-tac?
what if you drop mentos candies in diet coke. causes a small disturbance (kid showed me that one) what if you eat them and drink diet coke :o

http://science.discovery.com/tv/head-ru ... iment.html

in all seriousness i went to school with a guy that got hit by lighting on the south side of hood he had trouble with his right foot after thats where i think it exited crampons most likely did not help.

anyway in his mid twenties six or so years after his wife found him dead in the driveway while shooting hoops with his son heart attack. always wondered about the strike as the cause.
Last edited by Roy on April 26th, 2012, 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

Eric Peterson

Post by Eric Peterson » April 26th, 2012, 10:05 pm

Roy wrote:
what if you drop mentos candies in diet coke. causes a small disturbance (kid showed me that one) what if you eat them and drink diet coke :o

in all seriousness i went to school with a guy that got hit by lighting on the south side of hood he had trouble with his right foot after that where i think it exited crampons most likely did not help.

anyway in his mid twenties six or so years after his wife found him dead in the driveway while shooting hoops with his son heat attack. always wondered about the strike as the cause.
Dang, now you got me worried about shooting hoops with my kids after loony hiking. Since I can
barely walk, it evens the games up pretty good!

Roy

Post by Roy » April 26th, 2012, 10:07 pm

Eric Peterson wrote:
Roy wrote:

in all seriousness i went to school with a guy that got hit by lighting on the south side of hood he had trouble with his right foot after that where i think it exited crampons most likely did not help.

anyway in his mid twenties six or so years after his wife found him dead in the driveway while shooting hoops with his son heat attack. always wondered about the strike as the cause.
Dang, now you got me worried about shooting hoops with my kids after loony hiking. Since I can
barely walk, it evens the games up pretty good!
just do not eat mentos and drink diet coke :lol:
The downhill of the mind is harder than the uphill of the body. - Yuichiro Miura

forestkeeper

Post by forestkeeper » April 27th, 2012, 9:08 am

:lol: Oweeeee. That almost hit my tongue. I knew I shouldn't have fibbed.....