Survive Anything!

Share your tips for safe hiking, surviving in the wild and managing hiking injuries!
User avatar
windmtnpete
Posts: 188
Joined: January 28th, 2012, 4:19 pm
Location: Nelson, BC Canada

Re: Survive Anything!

Post by windmtnpete » April 4th, 2012, 6:02 pm

If you really wanna find out if you're allergic to poison oak, roll around in those bushes at the beginning of Dog Mountain Trail. Then grab those "leaves of 3" and use these to wipe off in that outhouse. After 3 days with no rash... you're one of the lucky ones.

I've actually become more tolerant of poison oak in the last 10 years, maybe it's just because I've learned to rinse it off soon after exposure.
“Not all who wander are lost.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien

Post Reply