Website Review / Inviting Feedback

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
markesc

Website Review / Inviting Feedback

Post by markesc » August 3rd, 2019, 8:17 am

Hello everyone!

Well the time has come that I finally reached my breaking point of hearing for the past 15 years "Why don't you sell your photography?" Oftentimes we all can mire in self defeat, procrastination, perfectionism, self sabotage, etc. It's ironic that what makes most artists make art is the very thing that prevents them from putting themselves out there.

SO! I decided for only $15/month, Whynot; But, I'd appreciate any feedback anyone wishes to provide, as I firmly believe in the concept of perpetual improvement:

https://chrismarkes.smugmug.com/

oldandslow

Re: Website Review / Inviting Feedback

Post by oldandslow » August 5th, 2019, 11:00 am

Many outstanding photos but will anyone buy them for display?
I suggest that you consider usable photo products like note cards, calendars and screen savers. A friend of ours who does sort of arty photography gives his wife's friends packets of note cards for Christmas. Even in this day of electronic communication, the note cards appear to be very well received. For the last ten years I have made calendars of Central Oregon photos that I started making to put in Christmas stockings. I doubt that anyone would pay anything for one of my calendars but with your photos, I could see people being eager to buy. I made a screen saver of places we had hiked for an old hiking buddy. He was really happy with it. I certainly enjoy the screen saver on my desktop PC.

Chip Down

Post by Chip Down » August 12th, 2023, 6:31 pm

Can't access site, even if I copy and paste into different browser.

Aimless

Post by Aimless » August 12th, 2023, 7:24 pm

2019 is about 15 years ago in internet time. I think you can safely assume it's not accessible to you or anyone else now unless it got archived in an archive like the Wayback Machine: https://web.archive.org/