If your not excited about going out in the cold, stay inside, whether you be a Nikon or Canon user, try
this for fun. Goto to either your local Walmart or a store that sells Incense Sticks thats the smoke source.
You will need a piece of a black background in either in a black paper or black cloth.
You will also need a external light such as a flash light. led flash light or a flash/speed light.
Set your camera for the following settings:
1. Set the Shooting Mode in Manual Mode
2. Set the Shutter Speed 1/180 or 1/125, no higher than 1/200
3. Set the Aperture to f4.5 or lower.
4. Set the ISO to 100
5. DSLR's that have a built in Intervalometer, try settings 2 seconds interval, xxx number shots.
For those that have external Intervalometer, use the above settings.
6. Check your focus, helps if camera is on a tripod or stable spot, no hand hold, unless your real good.
Now light the incense stick and turn the flash light placing it behind the incense stick and lower the light
in the room. Now just start taking your shots. Have fun and enjoy.
FYI: You will need to post process in some graphic editor...ie..Lightroom or Photoshop, Gimp.
Here is the equipment settings I used with a couple of demo's.
Stats: Canon T3i
Number of Shots taken: 1033
Time Between Shots: 0.5 second intervals
Here is the Smoke Timelapse Shot Web Link: (File is Large, so will take more than a couple minutes to load.)
Here is the Smoke Setup Demo Web Link:
Have A Good New Year and Happy Shooting...Pnwhiker
Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
3 posts • Page 1 of 1