How to Create and Share 360 Photos

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
Born2BBrad

How to Create and Share 360 Photos

Post by Born2BBrad » August 9th, 2017, 12:17 pm

What is the best way to create and share a 360 photo from a standard digital camera?

What my goal is to make a picture where a person can interact with it, spinning it around, back and forth, up and down. Not the standard panorama picture.

My understanding is that a series of overlapping pictures would be taken at horizontal level, then the same for slightly above the horizon and slightly below the horizon. The pictures would be stitched together to create the master 360 photo. That photo would be uploaded somewhere on the Internet (Google Maps?), where a link could be provided for people to look at the photo and interact with it.

Detailed instructions on how to do it are not required, as I can figure it out as long as I know the tools to use. Tips might help.

Here are my requirements:
-Free
-Easy to create the 360 photo
-Easy to share the photo
-Easy for others to view the photo
-Work better than PhotoSynth (don't like that one)
-Sharing via FaceBook is not an option because I won't join (Yes, I'm one of those people)

Thanks in advance. Your reward will be links to the 360 photos in upcoming TRs.

Brad
Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.
- Jean Luc Picard

Link to GPX tracks
Link to Trip Reports

Naturebat

Re: How to Create and Share 360 Photos

Post by Naturebat » September 20th, 2017, 9:02 pm

I've always used Google's "Street View" app, then uploaded it to Google Maps and link it from there. If you want to edit it, you can export it to your computer, edit it, and then upload it directly to Google Maps on the Google Maps site.
- Previously ElementalFX