Found memory card

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
scottrubey

Found memory card

Post by scottrubey » May 5th, 2016, 3:05 pm

I came across a camera memory card today while hiking along the Ruckel Creek trail. There are hundreds and hundreds of photos of many NW locations, and I'd imagine someone's pretty heartsick at having lost it. Reply here or drop me a message if you think it may have been you...there are what appear to be two self portraits as well as a few shots of what must be a significant other on the card, so I'll likely have a pretty good sense of who's being honest. :)

kepPNW

Re: Found memory card

Post by kepPNW » May 5th, 2016, 4:08 pm

If no one shows up for it here, I'd be willing to post one of those apparent selfies in a (local, hiking-oriented) Facebook group or three. Odds are, someone out of the 20-40 thousand folks looking at it there will know them.
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

Lurch

Post by Lurch » May 5th, 2016, 4:35 pm

There are tricks to pull exif data, you may be able to narrow things down a little with that, or possibly ID them. A lost memory card was probably an extra in a camera bag, they may not even know it's missing

chrisca

Post by chrisca » May 16th, 2016, 11:20 am

Tips to avoid having this happen to you:
If your camera can be programmed to put your name into the metadata (usually a copyright string feature) enable it.
If not, for every card you have shoot one image of a business card or your name, phone number, and email written on a sheet of paper.

oregonianhikeboss

Post by oregonianhikeboss » June 9th, 2016, 5:39 pm

aghh that must suck.. cannt imagine the feeling.. BUMP ^ let us all know if you got the card safely to the owners