markesc

Stuff that annoys Wildlife Photographers

Post by markesc » January 29th, 2016, 10:27 pm

Thought you all would get a few laughs out of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODIUaPooKGw

forestkeeper

Re: Stuff that annoys Wildlife Photographers

Post by forestkeeper » February 3rd, 2016, 9:37 pm

:) That is pretty funny! I follow and have studied many video classes, over the past few years, of Tony Northrup. He's awesome. He, Matt Granger, and Joe Brady offer awesome outdoor photography instruction. Now if I had Tony's camera and lenses, I'd be set for life. Thanks for sharing!

redray57

Post by redray57 » March 3rd, 2016, 10:21 am

That would annoy me too. very funny!
Great gear that helps my hiking experinces!
http://www.outdoorperch.com

BigBear

Post by BigBear » March 20th, 2016, 8:31 pm

That was a great video. She was very obnoxious, and he did not bump her off the rock and into the lake as a result. I know it was a team video, but that would have been a good ending to the film.

She did miss three things that I have encountered:

1) Intentionally scareing the birds off by running towards them, screaming with arms waving to-and-fro. That happened to me on the beach at Bandon, and the person that did it was no teenager (he was at least 60 yrs old).

2) Getting so close with the Idiot-Phone that she bumped the beak of the bird she hoped to photograph. I have seen this getting-in-the-picture behavior with a woman chasing a frog with her camera only inches away, and another woman getting so close to a beehive that the wasps were buzzing around her head. In the video she did get in the way, but she was actually using the zoom feature instead of the macro.

3) The dog did not chase the birds and she did not laugh at the dog doing it.