Beacon Rock 3D

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
pablo

Beacon Rock 3D

Post by pablo » February 17th, 2014, 9:55 am

Been experimenting with the cross-eyed 3D thing. Did Beacon/Hamilton yesterday and tried to capture some 3D looks on Beacon. My SO refuses to look at these cross-eyed as she is concerned her eyes may get stuck in that position - I don't think it is possible for this to happen but think of the comic relief you'd provide family and co-workers if it were so. The trick for viewing is to go cross-eyed 'til the 'center' picture comes in to a 3D view. I use my hands as blinders to block out the extra images so only the 3D version is seen. Watch out for eye strain.

I used the cha-cha method, take one photo then shift weight for the next. I used PS to combine images.

Watch for falling rock.
Beacon09.jpg
Switchbacks
Beacon00.jpg
More switchbacks
Beacon04-1024.jpg
Looking up. On this one I have to tilt my head to the right - camera must be held level on both shots.
Beacon05-1024.jpg
More looking up
Beacon10-1024.jpg
The future's uncertain and the end is always near.

BrianEdwards

Re: Beacon Rock 3D

Post by BrianEdwards » February 17th, 2014, 2:11 pm

My head hurts now :|
Clackamas River Waterfall Project - 95 Documented, 18 to go.

pablo

Post by pablo » February 17th, 2014, 2:48 pm

BrianEdwards wrote:My head hurts now :|
Hey Brian,

Sorry about that, what works for me is a couple of Motrin along with one or more shots of Jack Daniels.

I think the 'Failling rock' one works, not sure about the others, in general I'm not convinced this effect is particularly useful. I'm going to try a red/blue glasses version.

--Paul

Lurch

Post by Lurch » February 17th, 2014, 4:45 pm

Always wanted to try this, just haven't had a chance to. Hope you don't mind Pablo!
pablo1.gif
pablo1.gif (180.81 KiB) Viewed 3236 times
It worked out best with this one, I think the shift on the others was a bit too much. Remember you only need to shift the camera a couple inches (distance between eyes)

BrianEdwards

Post by BrianEdwards » February 17th, 2014, 5:54 pm

Magnitude 15 earthquake 8-)
Clackamas River Waterfall Project - 95 Documented, 18 to go.

pablo

Post by pablo » February 17th, 2014, 10:16 pm

Lurch wrote:Always wanted to try this, just haven't had a chance to. Hope you don't mind Pablo!

[...]

It worked out best with this one, I think the shift on the others was a bit too much. Remember you only need to shift the camera a couple inches (distance between eyes)
Hey Lurch, that's neat - I thought about using that method and it is certainly easier on the eyes. Like you mention, looks like my spacing between shots is to large. I will investigate...

--Paul