Mt Hood Photo Locations

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
BigBear

Re: Mt Hood Photo Locations

Post by BigBear » January 10th, 2014, 12:58 pm

I guess the bigger question to ask is: how far are you willing to carry your piano for a picture. There are great shots at Yocum Ridge, McNeil Point and Cooper Spur, but that's quite a ways to carry a piano.

There are shots from the shoulder of the road: White River Sno Park, Lost Lake, Trillium Lake, Timberline Lodge and some of the approaches to north side trailheads which would involve little more than unloading the ivory.

Limey

Post by Limey » January 11th, 2014, 10:38 am

BigBear wrote:I guess the bigger question to ask is: how far are you willing to carry your piano for a picture. There are great shots at Yocum Ridge, McNeil Point and Cooper Spur, but that's quite a ways to carry a piano.

There are shots from the shoulder of the road: White River Sno Park, Lost Lake, Trillium Lake, Timberline Lodge and some of the approaches to north side trailheads which would involve little more than unloading the ivory.

I can't believe that nobody jumped on this one, so I guess I will have to be the big meanie.

I think that is Panoramic, not Steinway :lol: :lol:

Marilyn

Waffle Stomper

Post by Waffle Stomper » January 11th, 2014, 10:54 am

Limey wrote:
I think that is Panoramic, not Steinway :lol: :lol:

Marilyn
:lol: :lol:
"When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

BigBear

Post by BigBear » February 5th, 2014, 12:50 pm

Ah, yes "panos" not "pianos." I was envisioning a recreation of the classic Mt. Hood Jazz Festival pics and I thought Yocum Ridge is further than I would want to go with even a guitar in my pack.

oldandslow

Post by oldandslow » February 5th, 2014, 4:38 pm

mt-hood-jazz-festival-1982.jpg
mt-hood-jazz-festival-1982.jpg (12.03 KiB) Viewed 2653 times