Mt adams-please

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
socrdude58

Mt adams-please

Post by socrdude58 » September 11th, 2013, 6:29 pm

heading there this weekend to hike and photo.. any good tips of places to shoot... wildlife, etc. Plz let me know

Pnw.hiker

Re: Mt adams-please

Post by Pnw.hiker » September 11th, 2013, 6:57 pm

socrdude58 wrote:heading there this weekend to hike and photo.. any good tips of places to shoot... wildlife, etc. Plz let me know
I've seen mountain goats above the lunch counter, and also while climbing Klickitat Glacier. Also, the sky is pretty dark around there for good astrophotography.

socrdude58

Post by socrdude58 » September 12th, 2013, 3:38 am

thank you

romann

Post by romann » September 13th, 2013, 1:19 pm

Avalanche Valley is quite scenic, as well as lava desert you cross on the way there, near Devils Garden. You'll need a GPS with track, or good route finding skills for the last 3 miles (past reservation boundary), as the "trail" wasn't maintained in decades and gets lost in places. If you start at Muddy Meadows trail, there's awesome views of the mountain right from the beginning.
DSC_4161.JPG
Muddy Meadows weren't muddy at all this week. Some of the best Mt. Adams views from there
Or maybe go to Killen Creek Meadows from Muddy Meadows, and then High Camp? Shorter and easier hike than Avalanche Valley, with great views of its own.