Oregon man questioned over his photography

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
mayhem

Re: Oregon man questioned over his photography

Post by mayhem » June 17th, 2013, 12:37 pm

forester wrote:Close...

The only thing cooler than that is one powerful enough to lift me up.
Dang!! huge RC copter probably could lift you :)

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... Ag&dur=830
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

forester

Post by forester » June 17th, 2013, 12:55 pm

It only lifts 110. I lost 40 pounds, but don't think I can afford to lose that next 70.

I read a discussion a while back about how those octocopters can't lift something as heavy as a person, no matter how you design them. I wonder if two tied to your shoulders and two tied to your feet would work...? :idea:

Imagine the looks on people's faces while they're taking photos at some touristy waterfall, only to see some dude buzz by tied to an electric mini-helicopter with camera in hand. "Hi, my name is Tony, and you're watching Jackass."

The potential to see and capture images from angles no one has ever seen is an alluring siren's song.

mayhem

Post by mayhem » June 30th, 2013, 12:16 pm

forester wrote:It only lifts 110. I lost 40 pounds, but don't think I can afford to lose that next 70.

I read a discussion a while back about how those octocopters can't lift something as heavy as a person, no matter how you design them. I wonder if two tied to your shoulders and two tied to your feet would work...? :idea:

Imagine the looks on people's faces while they're taking photos at some touristy waterfall, only to see some dude buzz by tied to an electric mini-helicopter with camera in hand. "Hi, my name is Tony, and you're watching Jackass."

The potential to see and capture images from angles no one has ever seen is an alluring siren's song.
OK! how about this one? :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBTY05v1to8

Original Link
http://gizmodo.com/every-secret-agent-w ... -599368937
Shoe Shine Boy Has Left The Building!

mdvaden

Post by mdvaden » September 6th, 2013, 9:48 pm

You folks ever seen the old building across Hy. 30 from the ramp that goes up to the St. John's Bridge? The old building that has moss on the roof in winter?

Anyway, I wanted to photograph it about a year ago, and a security guard said that photos were not allowed, due to fuel tanks behind it. He did say that photos could be taken from the other side of the highway, in which case it seemed odd to set any restrictions.

Peder

Post by Peder » September 6th, 2013, 11:12 pm

mayhem wrote:OK! how about this one? :)
Mayhem - you win! Great find... I love that guy floating around on his "helicopter" like a rag doll. I hope that all is well with you & your body!
Some people are really fit at eighty; thankfully I still have many years to get into shape…