Calendar this year?

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
Grannyhiker

Calendar this year?

Post by Grannyhiker » October 30th, 2008, 8:25 pm

I'm just wondering if there will be a Portland Hikers calendar for 2009. It is, after all, almost November 1 and maybe time to call for photo submissions? I have only a couple to submit this year, since much of my hiking (or at least where I took my camera) has been out of state, but we have all these wonderful new people, many of whom have submitted some really great photos this year!

Jane

Re: Calendar this year?

Post by Jane » October 31st, 2008, 9:09 am

I don't know if anyone has had time to volunteer for this feat this year, but you are right, there have been some awesome and breathtaking photos contributed on this site!

Another calender I found out about that looks kinda cool is called
" Around Mt. Hood - 12 Months - 12 Directions" by Sue Allen.

On display in the Interpretive Center Gallery at Heron Hall at the Portland Audubon Society is the series of limited edition prints that were used to create Sue Allen’s 2009 calendar Around Mt. Hood: 12 months – 12 directions.
Sue says, ” This project was a way to get out on the trail on Mount Hood. It involved hiking, x-c skiing, and snowshoeing to get to each monthly viewpoint. I wanted December to be from the north, with each month proceeding clockwise around the mountain. There was planning and map reading, solitude, companions, adventure, hard work and all the joys of being out on the mountain in different places and seasons.”

As a resident of Brightwood, Sue lives with and intimately understands the seasons of the mountain. Each mountain image also contains three smaller detail overlays, often showing mountain birds and native plants. The show will be on exhibit through the last day of October. The limited edition prints and calendar are available for sale in the Audubon Society Nature Store. Watch for Sue’s work to be featured on OPB's Oregon Art Beat this fall.

Sue's website: http://www.sueallenstudio.com/calendar.html

Portland Audubon Society: www.audubonportland.org