360 cameras

Camera Gear, How-To, Questions
mtncorg

360 cameras

Post by mtncorg » September 20th, 2019, 9:33 am

Anyone else using 360 cameras on their hikes? I have a Xiaomi Mijia Mi Sphere which is a pretty neat adjunct to my iPhone 8 - the best 360 for the money currently is probably the Insta360 One X, but like everything else, that seems to change quickly. The photos on the Mi Sphere are great - especially since it is cheaper by $100 - and the video is 4K 360 which you can edit to whatever view you want. So many times, I have been atop places where I wanted to capture some essence of what I was experiencing. The photomerge on portrait shots still gives the best photo, but the 360 views - albeit with fisheye lenses - are very fun.

Sorry, don't think this site will support examples - that is a reserve of Google Maps and Facebook for the moment.

The 360 video capability, current stabilization in phones and 360 cameras plus the occasional shot from a DJI gives you the opportunity to become a competitor to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-04mJ ... E8JPIEa0-w Mediocre Amateurs, the boys from SLC.

Kay Burton

Re: 360 cameras

Post by Kay Burton » September 25th, 2020, 4:10 am

I use a camera, but the built-in one on my phone. Until I decided to buy a separate one, and I'm still a beginner in hiking. And for home use, a higher quality camera was not needed. My camera on my phone (by the way, I have a Xiaomi) shoots perfectly, the photos are clear, juicy. This is probably why I have not yet reached the point of “equipping” myself with various equipment.