Boots for narrow feet

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
Grannyhiker

Re: Boots for narrow feet

Post by Grannyhiker » November 30th, 2012, 3:03 pm

You ain't seen nothing yet until you've tried to get a decent shoe fit on feet with a "B" width in the forefoot and a AAAAA width in the heel!

Hoosier Hiker

Re: Boots for narrow feet

Post by Hoosier Hiker » September 12th, 2013, 2:33 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I also know there are those of us with narrow feet for whom Google still digs it up. So I want to mention that ever since Dunham stopped making narrow Waffle Stompers (the only hiking boot that has ever fit me), the only thing I've been able to find is that LL Bean still carries Crestas and Mountain Treads in a men's B width. I currently have a pair of the low-cut Mountain Treads approximately 5 years old. I've never been thrilled with them, but they're better than anything else I can find. Also, Bean has made some changes since then so I'm thinking about trying a new pair.

As for the Dunham Waffle Stompers, occasionally I will see a pair on on Ebay or some other internet site, but good luck with that. I wish I had done a better job of maintaining the pairs I have.