Mammut headlamp - singing its praises

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
baker9903

Mammut headlamp - singing its praises

Post by baker9903 » July 24th, 2008, 3:01 pm

Headlamps are not normally the most exciting part of my gear. I had a Petzel that I used for years and it was good enough. However, my husband got a Mammut Lucido TR-1 and raved about it. While it was brighter than mine (and has a better button), I didn't want to spend the extra $30 until mine croaked. I finally took the plunge when my lamp disappeared after a recent trip. I LOVE IT! By far the best headlamp. The on/off button is super easy (sometimes I had trouble sliding my Petzel switch) - just push on, push again for super light, push again for off). Its lightweight, the headband is comfy, and the light is bright, with two settings. Battery life is good so far. The best thing I can say about it is that it is bombproof - well, at least washing machine proof. The thing went through a complete cycle in the washing machine and came out working just fine! I recommend it.

http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___86982

Grannyhiker

Re: Mammut headlamp - singing its praises

Post by Grannyhiker » July 24th, 2008, 3:10 pm

Is it regulated so it can use lithium batteries? How much does it weigh?

Speaking of lithium batteries, I've been running all over Gresham trying to find lithium AAA's. I finally found some in Joe's today.