Sat Messenger rescue services

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
Koda

Re: Sat Messenger rescue services

Post by Koda » April 11th, 2021, 8:38 am

Crusak wrote:
April 9th, 2021, 2:22 pm
Nice thing has been that when I'm out it puts down a track point every 10 minutes. With the Garmin explore link my family has access to my exact location in case something happens and I don't check in or come home.
Although my first trial run was a success sending messages, none of which showed my track. Nore does my track show up on my own account page now that Im home, it shows I have the track, will not display it on the map page. I tried syncing my device, again, and it failed... which is odd considering it recognizes my last position out in the woods and that I have a track.

I officially hate hate hate their user web interface. I know I can be slow with some things but this is ridiculous. Maybe I wont use the tracking feature over this, whats the point if my messages wont share them or even I cant view them as the account owner.
lightweight, cheap, strong... pick 2