Costco trekking poles?

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
Trick

Re: Costco trekking poles?

Post by Trick » May 28th, 2016, 8:12 pm

Beaverton Costco had a nice big box full of them today. $29. Almost bought 2 pair just because of this thread.

squidvicious

Post by squidvicious » May 23rd, 2019, 2:20 pm

Heads up that these are on sale at Costco now, $5 off to bring them to $24.99 (iirc). I didn't look at how long the sale goes, but I just saw it today. Bought a backup pair because I live in fear of doing something terrible to mine in Costco's off-sale season and not being able to replace them. They really are great.

Chase

Post by Chase » May 24th, 2019, 9:58 am

My pair from when this thread started (2016) recently broke, so I bought new Costco poles this year. One of them broke the first day I used them.

Webfoot

Post by Webfoot » May 24th, 2019, 11:18 am

I think I am fairly hard on trekking poles and I have been using the same aluminum pair by Leki for about ten years.

squidvicious

Post by squidvicious » May 24th, 2019, 4:05 pm

Chase wrote:
May 24th, 2019, 9:58 am
My pair from when this thread started (2016) recently broke, so I bought new Costco poles this year. One of them broke the first day I used them.
The thing that pushed me to finally pull the trigger on a backup pair is that I did do something pretty terrible to mine recently, basically fell on one and watched it bend, fully expecting it to snap, but it sprang right back no issues. The only thing really wrong with mine is the paint marking the heights is pretty well worn off. And I am very hard on them.

Anyway, the beauty of buying from Costco is you can just take them back if there's any issue.