Sharing My Trail Recipes

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
SWOFWP

Sharing My Trail Recipes

Post by SWOFWP » March 30th, 2016, 9:41 am

I have started sharing my homemade backpacking and hiking recipes on my hiking blog at www.musthikemusteat.com. Mostly paleo, gluten/dairy/soy free. I hope you find something you might want to try!
A PNW born and raised outdoor adventurer sharing stories and healthy recipes.

Double Tree

Re: Sharing My Trail Recipes

Post by Double Tree » March 31st, 2016, 8:10 pm

Your pumpkin granola looks like great backpacking food! Never heard of it before. Thank you!
Kelly

AAdamsPDX

Re: Sharing My Trail Recipes

Post by AAdamsPDX » April 1st, 2016, 1:07 pm

Double Tree wrote:Your pumpkin granola looks like great backpacking food! Never heard of it before. Thank you!
Kelly
Ditto on the pumpkin granola!

Last year was our first truly long-distance backpacking expedition and it was so hard to get enough calories without eating more junk food than was good for us. We had a few good standbys, mostly involving freeze dried beans, freeze dried cheese, or coconut milk powder to add calories. They were tasty the first few times. But without enough variety we were wholeheartedly sick of our food by the end of our 20 days!

So I'm going to borrow a few of your ideas for the trip we're planning this year: thank you for sharing!
"The world begins where the road ends." ~Eddie Vedder
http://www.hriggsphotography.com/