Next Adventure return policy

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
4DMTNS

Re: Next Adventure return policy

Post by 4DMTNS » September 25th, 2015, 7:11 pm

When I find something that fits my feet, I immediately go back and buy another pair. Most of my hiking these days is done in minimalist shoes so fit seems to be even more important.

When New Balance came out with their minimalist shoe, I found a place closing out the V1 and shamelessly bought four pairs. That was two years ago and I just broke out the last pair. I tried the V2, found they fit just the same, and bought two pairs for future use. Now that the V3 is here, I am hoping to get a pair at the used gear sale to try out and if they work buy more.

If you can find something, buy several if you do high miles. Some weeks I get in 50+ miles of walking and hiking in these shoes.

Don't let me get started on socks .. they change sizing, materials and design for no reason on tried and true socks.
I'm almost always the sweep on my hikes ... it gives me an opportunity to taste test all the edible berries I seem to find.

Where's Chris?
Instagram WhereIsChrisNow

VanMarmot

Post by VanMarmot » September 27th, 2015, 7:10 am

I've had similar problems with the vagarities of boots. I find a make/style that works well and when I go to replace it, find that it's no longer being made or has been "improved" so that it no longer works for me. I like to support local outdoor stores but it's hard to invest $100-200 in a pair of shoes/boots that you later find don't work and which you can't return. So I stick with REI for such purchases.

miah66

Post by miah66 » September 28th, 2015, 6:49 am

4DMTNS wrote: When New Balance came out with their minimalist shoe, I found a place closing out the V1 and shamelessly bought four pairs. That was two years ago and I just broke out the last pair. I tried the V2, found they fit just the same, and bought two pairs for future use. Now that the V3 is here, I am hoping to get a pair at the used gear sale to try out and if they work buy more.
I have been wearing a New Balance Minimus shoe for the last year or so as my daily wearer. I think it's the V2. I haven't hiked alot in them because they are so thin, but I love them as far as comfort goes. They are also wearing out big time, so I've been looking for a replacement for them that I can also hike in.
"The top...is not the top" - Mile...Mile & a Half

Instagram @pdxstrider

4DMTNS

Post by 4DMTNS » September 28th, 2015, 12:32 pm

I have gotten used to walking on rocky and rooty trails such as Eagle Creek, areas on Mount Hood, etc. over the last years. The new V3 in intriguing to me because it seems to have a stiffer sole. There are also other 4mm drop shoes in the New Balance line that have thicker and/or stiffer soles that I've tried and enjoyed.

REI sometimes has the other styles on their Outlet website. I check it each weekend for new sale items. It's only a few minutes a week, and so far I have found it worth the $$$ savings.

Good luck!
I'm almost always the sweep on my hikes ... it gives me an opportunity to taste test all the edible berries I seem to find.

Where's Chris?
Instagram WhereIsChrisNow

kepPNW

Post by kepPNW » October 30th, 2015, 5:22 pm

Lurch wrote:With the exception of maybe REI as Koda has said, I can't think of anywhere that will accept returns on shoes, especially after you've done a multi mile hike in them, just as the cashier told you.. It's a bit ridiculous to expect that IMO.
Much to my delight, this summer, I found another place that does this! Believe it or not... Amazon! If you buy shoes there, it seems you can return them - no questions asked - within 30 days. I bought some runners, took them out on 3 or 4 hikes, and didn't like the way they were threatening hotspots. Called NewBalance to let 'em know (the same shoe, v2, was my all-time fav! these were the new-fangled v4's <grumble>), and they suggested just asking Amazon to take them back. Went online, filled out a form, and printed out the (free!) return shipping label. The next morning, I dropped them with UPS, and in about 15 minutes my credit card was issued a refund!!! Simply getting that label into the UPS system triggered the refund! (I could just as well have shipped them rocks. :lol:) As Dave Barry would say, "I am not making this up!"
Karl
Back on the trail, again...

retired jerry

Post by retired jerry » October 30th, 2015, 7:18 pm

I've returned stuff to Amazon, yeah, really nice policy. 30 days is reasonable.

I think if you had returned rocks, they would have charged back your credit card : )