Massdrop, Cool Website for Gear

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
renegadepilgrim

Massdrop, Cool Website for Gear

Post by renegadepilgrim » June 28th, 2015, 10:32 pm

Hey all, I am not sure if any of you have heard of Massdrop. I recently discovered it for EDC (Everyday Carry) items, but they also have Ultralight area for camping gear sometimes.

Here's the link: https://www.massdrop.com/r/EBFBHR (yeah, it's a referral link, but holy heck, it's a cool site!)

I bought some titanium tent pegs recently on there for quite a bargain. They tend to have a lot of Vargo stuff, and Kelty and other major and not so major brand names (like ULA).

Currently, they have a Kelty tent, a Kovea stove, Hydroflask wide mouth bottle, Klymit day pack, and a few other bits and bobs.

Thought I would share since it's so neat.
Travel and Outdoor Adventure Website: http://www.renegadepilgrim.com
Instagram/Tumblr/Twitter: renegadepilgrim

texasbb

Re: Massdrop, Cool Website for Gear

Post by texasbb » June 29th, 2015, 6:08 am

Any website that demands my email address before it'll even let me see what it has to offer is neither cool nor neat in my book.

adamschneider

Post by adamschneider » June 29th, 2015, 6:14 am

texasbb wrote:Any website that demands my email address before it'll even let me see what it has to offer is neither cool nor neat in my book.
Amen.

romann

Post by romann » July 1st, 2015, 2:25 pm

I just keep a second "junk email" address for whatever commercial websites that ask for it

Looked at it - cool website and seems to get some activity/bargaining going on, but I think it's up to manufacturer if they'll sell 200+ (or whatever) units at discount, even if it gets enough votes. I.e. Zpacks - cuben gear manufacturer, whose products I saw voted for - tell they're now at 6-8 weeks lead time. They'll not likely be excited about another 200-unit order for a fraction of regular price ;)

renegadepilgrim

Post by renegadepilgrim » July 18th, 2015, 12:01 pm

True, but I have gotten some cool stuff so far on this site...of course, it helps that I also love Audio gear, EDC gear, and Writing stuff too!!! :)

Also, any site that offers these kinds of discounts is not going to let you look without getting an email...tis the price of being online these days. :)
Travel and Outdoor Adventure Website: http://www.renegadepilgrim.com
Instagram/Tumblr/Twitter: renegadepilgrim