Foil pouches of chicken

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
Spoonie_B

Foil pouches of chicken

Post by Spoonie_B » July 2nd, 2008, 10:41 am

Anyone know of any Portland grocers who carry these? I've always lugged aluminum cans if I want to make chicken dishes on the trail because I can never find the pouches.

Grannyhiker

Re: Foil pouches of chicken

Post by Grannyhiker » July 2nd, 2008, 11:37 am

I bought some at the Troutdale Albertson's last year and I believe I saw some recently. You can get tuna in the pouches, too. I'm just about to head for Fred Meyer--will look there and report back.

sarbar

Post by sarbar » July 2nd, 2008, 1:03 pm

Safeway, Target, Super Walmart's, Fred Myers (well any brand of Kroger! They all do).
Freezer Bag Cooking, Trail Cooking, Gear & Beyond.....Outdoor Food Simplified: http://www.trailcooking.com/

Grannyhiker

Post by Grannyhiker » July 2nd, 2008, 2:05 pm

I saw both chicken and tuna pouches at Fred Meyer today. What I couldn't find was dried alfredo sauce, so I guess we'll be eating chicken non-alfredo! We East County backpackers were really left in the lurch when Whole Foods closed the former Wild Oats store in Gresham!

sarbar

Post by sarbar » July 3rd, 2008, 2:46 pm

Granny, on the Alfredo sauce usually Fred Myers carries the Simply Organic line in the natural foods section.

I noticed that Safeway carries the line but it is with stuff like hummus or in the packet aisle (you'd think with pasta right? Hah!)
Freezer Bag Cooking, Trail Cooking, Gear & Beyond.....Outdoor Food Simplified: http://www.trailcooking.com/