Can you identify this Marmot Jacket?

Ask questions and share your experiences with hiking & backpacking gear, and share trail recipes and gadget tips. Please see classifieds forum for buying/selling stuff.
RichardDavies

Can you identify this Marmot Jacket?

Post by RichardDavies » February 27th, 2015, 2:10 pm

I purchased this Marmot hardshell jacket 2nd hand and I'd like to know what model it is. I've searched around the net but haven't had any luck identifying it yet. So I'm hoping that someone here might recognize it and be able to tell me what its name is. I'm guessing it's several years old.

Some of the distinctive features are:
* two large zippered hand pockets that extend almost the entire length of the jacket and can be unzipped from either end.
* the hood folds into the collar which is lined with some sort of soft material (perhaps DriClime)
* There's a zippered pocket on the inside of the jacket (on the left side)
* It has a zippered pocket on the left sleeve

Any help identifying the model name of this jacket would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

drm

Re: Can you identify this Marmot Jacket?

Post by drm » March 22nd, 2015, 12:27 pm

Keep in mind that designs change now and then, the size and location of pockets in particular and colors too. I had a Marmot Precip jacket once several years ago and it seems similar. But if it is a few years old, new ones are not likely to look the same.

If you're looking to buy a replacement of the same model, your best bet might be to take it to a store with good service and ask somebody. Or maybe even email that picture to Marmot and ask them. Since that orange color is somewhat unique, that might make it easy for Marmot to tell you.

forester

Re: Can you identify this Marmot Jacket?

Post by forester » March 24th, 2015, 6:45 am

Alpinist? Precip?